Under close supervision, provides a high level of quality service to co-workers and vendors. Processes all incoming and outgoing mail. Meets hourly and daily pickup and delivery deadlines. Performs basic mail and distribution functions; meets deadlines. Coordinates Facilities scheduling with regard to services requests and project oversight. Back up to Facilities Technician.
Administrative Services/Mailroom (80%)
• Process all incoming and outgoing mail to include, all external and internal branch correspondence.
• Responsible for all incoming and outgoing Warehouse deliveries. Accepts and/or directs all deliveries made to warehouse or front desk. Reconciles purchasing documents with deliveries received. Responsible for barcoding and reporting of all CU fixed assets to Accounts Payable.
• Responsible for completion of all internal copy requests and projects to include Credit Union Training and HR materials and Marketing mailings.
• Responsible for insuring all equipment in the Mail Center is maintained and operational. Maintains postage metering replenishment.
• Responsible for scheduling the use of the company vehicle to include ensuring the log is completed.
• Responsible for maintaining shred bins throughout headquarters.
• Coordinates e-waste
• Maintain Credit Union key log for Credit Union systems furniture.
• Liaison to Credit Union vendors and responsible for coordinating vendor scheduling.
• Responsible for Facility file retention for HVAC vendor, and licensing and permits.
• Evacuation Committee Member. Responsible for coordinating local fire authorities.
• Backup and Assists Facilities Maintenance Technician when needed. To include the following duties:
• ERGO- Desk and fixture adjustments.
• Replace lighting
• Conducts daily campus inspection
• Responsible for hardware installation and maintenance of Credit Union inLighten and Muzak products. Subject matter expert for installation and troubleshooting.
• Understands basic processes of Purchasing, Facilities, Physical Security and the Mailroom.
Secondary Accountabilities: Performs other duties as assigned. Provides support to other areas of the department. May assist with special projects.
Position Requirement and Qualifications
Abilities: Excellent abilities in customer service, time-management, organization, communication, detail-orientation, initiative, adaptability, flexibility, and teamwork. Must be able to operate specialized equipment to include complex copiers, mail machines and related equipment. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and operate simple hand tools. Must also be able to drive a motor vehicle (DMV background check conducted). Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include on-call duties as needed.
Knowledge, Education, Certifications, Licenses:
High school education or equivalent. Good working knowledge of the credit union/financial industry with emphasis in customer service, mailroom and facilities tasks. Basic computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office Suite and specialized equipment. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record in order to drive the company vehicle as needed.
Two to three years of general office experience in an administrative service/distribution center/facilities environment or equivalent to gain the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to handle all aspects of the position.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Work is primarily performed in a general office environment. This position requires some physical efforts as noted above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Refer to the Safety & Health Policy found in North Island Credit Union’s Employee Handbook & Resource Guide.
Must have a satisfactory background check to include Credit and DMV.