California Credit Union is seeking an experienced AVP, HR Operations to join our growing HR team.
The AVP, HR Operations will oversee HR Operations, employee training, and employee relations. This role requires strong collaboration with stakeholders in all areas of the company and in HR. This role will report to the SVP, Human Resources.
Principal Accountabilities (95%)
- Oversee HR Operations function to include all related HR Operations, employee training, and employee relations.
- Will develop processes, procedures and metrics for HR Operations.
- Will collaborate closely with other HR Leaders and all parts of the Credit Union.
- Ensure that employees and manager get excellent support from HR by creating a positive experience and feedback mechanisms.
- Develop and monitor HR Operations programs for effectiveness and compliance.
- Leverage technology to reduce manual processes and redundancies.
- Ensure internal controls are reviewed regularly to ensure HR compliance.
- Creates and delivers HR related training to ensure understanding of HR systems, processes and other needed training.
- Establishes employee relations practices, programs, and consults with managers on performance management.
- Create and oversee full onboarding process including New Employee Orientation.
Analytics & Metrics:
- Main point of contact for HRIS, Performance Review System, and related.
- Establish process, procedures, and reporting related to HR Operations.
- Collaborate with AVP, Payroll & HR Operations to establish the HR Analytics.
- Collaborate closely with AVP, Payroll and Reporting to create and maintain quality assurance of key human resources data sets, reports and metrics.
- Expert user of Ceridian Dayforce system and Cornerstone (performance management). Introduce other systems or enhance to improve overall HR effectiveness.
- Establish related HR Operations practices related to subject area and also collaborate and assist in building HR Operations practices for other parts of HR.
- Will oversee all HR Operations, such as, onboarding, HR changes, workers compensation, leave of absences, benefits administration, payroll inquires, and related.
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (people/technology).
- Take ownership for resolving issues that arise and use the experience as a coaching and process improvement opportunity for the collective team.
- Responsible for Internal HR Audits and will assist with HR Compliance related to areas of specialty.
HR Systems (HR Operations Related)
- Oversee system projects to include system planning, testing and implementation for HRIS. Collaborate closely with AVP, Payroll & HR Reporting.
- Establish and maintain effective partnership with IT leaders who support HR systems to ensure HR projects are prioritized and resourced to achieve a successful implementation.
- Ensure system upgrades are planned and implemented to optimize the user experience.
- Engage end users on a regular basis to understand system issues in order to recommend system enhancements. Training of employees as required.
Secondary Accountabilities (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides support to other areas of the department.
- Complies with BSA requirements as commensurate with position.